RE: widescreen

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: widescreen
  • From: James Hoye <jhoye@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:01:07 -0000

> Please don't get me wrong ... I'm not trying to "brag"
about=20
> the kit that I
> have. This current projector is a very recent purchase but it=20
> has in total
> cost me about =A34,500 (including the TView and screen) and the
results
> (especially considering what is out there at =A34,500) are=20
> quite stunning.

I spent nearly 2,000 on my telly, nearly 1,000 on speakers, 800 on a DVD
player.....  Ideally I'd love a decent plasma display - but 8-10k is a
little hard to justify (and afford!)  The rationale behind not having a
projector (besides the space required) is answered in your next paragraph!

> fiancee threatens to leave me whenever she sees me look at=20
> the projector and
> then look at the living room ceiling or reach for the=20
> mounting kit for it.

I got the silent treatment both during and after fitting some brackets to
mount my rear speakers on the wall.  How I tell her we're going to have to
move some furniture around so I can better position the TV is another
matter!

James H

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/1/_/2065/_/975581660/