RE: IR PCB Tx sees the light....

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: IR PCB Tx sees the light....
  • From: James Hoye <jhoye@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 13:55:49 -0000

> The receiver board is just over 1/2 inch square or about
> twice the size of
> the three terminal screw block. I haven't thought about a mounting for
> it..............?

Mine will be in a 25mm deep single gang metal box, see
http://www.geocities.com/jahoye/images/bedroom_ir_receiver.JPG

> Initially I plan to make the transmitters so they fit into a
> small RS box
> with the screw type terminals mounted externally and at
> opposite ends (cos I
> have some). For those interested (James etc.) would this be
> OK. The box is
> about 1.5 inch X 1 inch X 1/2 inch + external terminals at each end.
> Accurate measurements available when I remember to do it.

Not too worried about a box as I hope to get the TX circuit in the same
metal box as the RX.

> Regrettably everything now goes on hold until next week due
> to life outside
> of an etching tank and computer screen.

<jealous>
I'm impressed you have so much time!
</jealous>

> the IC pins in the correct order (MS Word), PCB layouts and
> photos (might
> have to buy a camera at this rate!). I found making the circuit on the

I see, this was all just so you could justify getting a digital camera :)

> Cost:
> Something close to most peoples heart. Not quite sure yet!
> Since I did this
> as a learning process I plan to only ask for a contribution
> to materials
> e.g. copper board, chemicals, postage etc. I will total up
> various kits soon
> e.g.
> boards only, drilled boards, complete kit, whatever else
> springs to mind -
> any suggestions.

Boards only would suit me.  I have a brother-in-law all too willing to
drill
and assemble it (I could myself, but time, time, time......  It's going to
be difficult enough actually fitting the kit [and convincing SWMBO])

I will add my implementation/experiences/credits to my site though.

James H

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/3/_/2065/_/975419333/