RE: IR PCB Tx sees the light....

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: IR PCB Tx sees the light....
  • From: nigel@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 19:33:55 -0000 (GMT)

> start somewhere. Are you OK with my distributing the PCB's as below

Thanks for asking- yes, that's OK- I'll just take royalties when
profits are being made :-)

> signal goes low from the TSOP and hold pin three on the IC high for
> the
> transmitter in the same room.

That's probably not the best way- Nick B is probably thinking along
the right lines by blocking the TSOP signal when the 555 is
oscillating.  I've not thought about it in detail, but I'd suggest a
transistor base connected to RST' via a 2k resistor, with collector
to the TSOP output and emitter to the bus.  Assuming a PNP
transistor, basically it passes current from C-E when the base input
is high (that's very vague, but I'm not about to try to explain how
transistors work- there are plenty of good books for that!).

It might work with a pnp transistor, but I'd suggest a FET would be a
better bet.

That's the vague idea, but I've not got a more detailed plan for it
(yet!)

There is other room for improvement, to produce a more stable
oscillator and a better LED driver circuit (transistor biasing etc).
The website circuit was a true 'back of the envelope' design, not
designed for production... if I'd expected this much interest I'd
have done it better!

Nigel

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/1/_/2065/_/975527377/