RE: IR Transmitter boards.

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: IR Transmitter boards.
  • From: James Hoye <jhoye@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 14:31:18 -0000

> Assuming I do get these boards (PCB) I am building to work is
> anyone else
> out there interested in some. This is strictly a home brew
> effort and not a
> commercial exercise as per Kat5. The current size is about
> 1.2 inches by 3/4
> of an inch.

Very interested, even more so 'if the price is right' (K Doxey, UKHA circa
2000)!  I have my brother-in-law checking out the IR LED with an IR camera
-
I think that's where my problem lies.  Also it's built on old breadboard
which may have dirty tracks etc.

As it's pretty easy to fry a 555, can I suggest (if possible) you make
provision for a diode  to offer some protection?

> I would like some feedback on the connectors people would
> like (assuming
> anyone is interested). Small is the order of the day I think and I was
> planing to have a three pin input (power and signal) and 4
> pin output - two
> lots of LED's (one IR). Thoughts anyone.

Screw terminals (like alarm panels) would be OK I'd have thought.
https://catalogue.maplin.co.uk/Pictures/20/3/97NE01B.JPG
M*****s Part No.NE04 or something similar....?

> I plan to send Nigel finished plans and photos when I get something
> workable.

Be interested to see.  As I progress, I'll try and get some pictures on my
site - but for now I think I'll wait for your PCB.  My implementation will
be a little different, so it should provide some useful additional
information rather than a duplication.

James H

http://click.egroups.com/1/9183/3/_/2065/_/974989464/