RE: IR Transmitter

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: IR Transmitter
  • From: "Ian" <I.Bird@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 08:04:05 -0000

Yep, see it no problem

Ian

-----Original Message-----
From: nigel@xxxxxxx
[mailto:nigel@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 22 November 2000 21:37
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] IR Transmitter

BTW, could some of the regulars drop me a line if this appears on the
list... I'm not seeing my postings, is anyone else?

On 22-Nov-2000 rj@xxxxxxx wrote:
> the TSOP or similar today, but New Zealand tends to be about 10
> years behind

You might be lucky then- it's just recently been discontinued here-
it might be a new part with you!

> the world with things like this. one more thing.. what voltage is
> the 680R
> resistor??

Doesn't matter, it will dissipate <500mW, a 1/4 W resistor should do
at a pinch (it's not on all the time)

> and can the 2k resistor on the receiver board be replaced with
> either a 1.8
> or 2.2k???

Either should be fine- none of the components are particularly
critical, though the 2 resistors and capacitor around pins 6 and 7
will affect the modulation frequency, so you might have reduced range
if they are too far out of tolerance.

Nigel

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/3/_/2065/_/974966635/