RE: RE:

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: RE:
  • From: James Hoye <jhoye@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 11:59:39 -0000

> I haven't had a fuse blow yet and we're in 15 months.
> However 90% of my
> bulbs are "cap up" (ceiling halogens) which backs up what
> Keith says about
> the "cap down" type that cause a short when the filament
> falls across the
> terminals.

Also, isn't there a point in the ac cycle at which a filament fusing can
cause the surrounding gas to ionise and conduct for a brief moment?  I have
had a 65w reflector bulb (ceiling, cap up) pop and take out the 6A MCB for
the upstairs lighting on more than one occasion.  Now at least, I have a
non-maintained emergency light at the top of the stairs for these (and
other) occasions.

James H

http://click.egroups.com/1/9183/3/_/2065/_/973770749/