Software project anyone?

  • To: "Ukha_D@xxxxxxx Com" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Software project anyone?
  • From: "Mark McCall" <mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 12:13:45 +0100

I'm trying to plan the best frequencies to modulate my CCTV, Satellite TV
etc round the house.

I have read the articles on "Taboo Channels" given to me by Keith
Doxey and
after adding the 5 terrestrial analogue channels I am left with a selection
on which to add the above.  Rather than attach the doc I have put it here
so
those who are interested can have a look...
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/downloads/tv.zip

Now, here's the thing :-)

Any budding programmers on this list itching for a small software project
show off their skills?  I envisage a small app with a grid of numbers (21
69?).  Users would click on the frequencies that are used in their area and
this would automatically cross out (or change to red or whatever) all the
taboo frequencies (n +/- 1, n +/- 5, n +/- 9).  This would then leave the
list of channels that are still available to use.

This could be expanded to include a location selector that would
automatically fill in the channels for your area.  Also could the software
calculate the best channels to use out of the available free ones to
maximise your choice?  Could possibly lead to a useful shareware app for
Aerial installers?

Anyone....?

:-)

Thanks

M.

The UKs Premier Home Automation Site
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk

Free @Backup service!  Click here for your free trial of @Backup.
@Backup is the most convenient way to securely protect and access
your files online.  Try it now and receive 300 MyPoints.
http://click.egroups.com/1/4935/7/_/2065/_/960808455/