Re: Curtain Motor reveiw

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Curtain Motor reveiw
  • From: Nigel Orr <Nigel.Orr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 10:51:16 +0100

At 09:17 20/04/00 -0000, you wrote:
>The biggest problem I have found is tie backs. I purchased some
>special hooks from the Swish automated range, but the tiebacks do not
>seem to come off properley

Never mind releasing them- for ultimate spouse approval, it should also put
the tiebacks in place again when it opens the curtains :-)  Don't tell me
you can get ones that do that too?

One of the blinds I'd like to operate with the motor is an Ikea one, which
I know has a little bit of progressive slippage in one direction each time
it is opened/shut- I guess this opener won't cope with that problem?  Even
a force-limited motor isn't really the solution for roller blinds, as some
of them could be fully rolled and just keep flapping round until the motor
goes off.

Similarly, when unrolled fully most of them will then start to roll up if
you keep pulling on the cord- I think the only solution is microswitches or
optical sensors on the actual curtain or blind, with some sort of cutout if
it jams, similar to what would be used in theatre curtain systems.  But
that's not pretty and it's a bind to fit them all...  The roller blind case
might be easier, you could have an optical sensor pointed at the roller,
and paint that part of the roller a different colour from the blind- so
when the blind is fully unrolled, the sensor will see it.

Thanks for the extra detail,

Nigel

Enjoy the award-winning journalism of The New York Times with
convenient home delivery.  And for a limited time, get 50% off for the
first 8 weeks by subscribing.  Pay by credit card and receive an
additional 4 weeks at this low introductory rate.
http://click.egroups.com/1/3102/5/_/2065/_/956224295/