RE: Garage Door Opener!

All this talk of garage openers has made me dig out the manual for mine -
It's a Hormann Supramatic E - I don't know how much it costs because it was
already in the house when we moved in but it does have some very useful
features as far as Home Automation are concerned.

I'll list a few here so you get the idea, it may be worth considering one
of these because of the features, but again I don't know how much it cost!

The unit has terminals for connecting the following :

An "IMPULSE" button  (Open-Stop-Close)
A photocell (not for night, more like an ir beam that stops the door if the
beam is broken)
A closing edge safety device
An external light switch
An external flashing/revolving light

Here are the best (as far as garage door automation is concerned)

An external (eg universal/powerflash module) OPEN button
An external (eg universal/powerflash module) CLOSE button
An external (eg universal/powerflash module) ON/OFF switch

So there you go - you wouldn't need anything fancy to get a fully automated
door. It does also have an auto-close feature after a period of time (from
10 to 60 seconds) which I'm not too sure about but if you have the
photocell or edge safety device it should be ok to implement it. If you
wanted to leave the door open you could just open it then use the external
off switch to make sure it didn't close again..

I'm off now to find a supplier of Universal/powerflash modules...

Andy

--- Tag-it V1.0 (c) Andy Powell 1998
It's deja vu all over again. - Yogi Berra

Win $1000 this Friday!
http://click.egroups.com/1/2860/5/_/2065/_/954959010/