RE: [OT] Ex "Official UKHA Taxi" completes Staples2Naples rally :-)

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Ex "Official UKHA Taxi" completes Staples2Naples rally :-)
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 21:25:08 +0100

> But what sort of a state is it in now?
>
> I assume it is still running well? ;-)

Forgot to add, in over 150,000 miles that I did in it, it never broke down
once. There were only two occasions when I had relatively serious
problems....

1. Alternator died so I had to turn back but got home OK
2. Hose split but some tape and more water got me home.

It never failed to start, but after the stop solenoid failed. I couldnt
turn
the engine off, had to deliberately stall it until I got it fixed which
wasnt easy!

I thing I definately got my moneys worth out of that car :-)

Keith