Whole-house audio

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Whole-house audio
  • From: Clive Dilley <clive@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 09:30:04 +0100

Hi all,

I have recently been installing ceiling speakers around my house and have
connected them to my old hi-fi units (amp). Whilst they work OK, it means
that every room has the same music - which is a bit limiting. I am
interested in purchasing a multi-input, multi-zone audio amp that has the
following requirements:

Minimum of 4 separate input sources (cd, cassette, radio, dvd/video etc.)
Minimum of 6 "zoned" outputs
Each output can be separately controlled (i.e. music source and volume)
Each output can be controlled via Infrared
Microphone input
The ability to use the mic input for intercom on selected or all zones
The ability for the intercom to automatically override (volume wise) the
audio source if required
Around 20w - 30w per zone

I have been looking at three different amps, which are available in the US
and would more-or-less do what I want:

NAD 911 ($400) - this is only a pre-amp
Kustom 6 ($1000)
Russound CA64 ($1800)

I wondered if anyone else has done this (or has done any investigation) and
if so, what equipment was used.

Clive

Learn2 Avoid Junk Mail. Learn2 Shop for Bargain Airfares. Learn2
Weatherize Your Home. Learn2 Speak Wine. Learn2 Get by in French.
Learn2 Negotiate a Raise.  http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/965

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying
group communications