Re: Newbie question alert!

Hi Mark,

That would be the conventional way to do it as the red wire SHOULD be live
and the black wire should be the switched live back to the lamp.

In reality it wont make a scrap of difference to the operation of the wall
switch.

BTW.   The Black wire SHOULD have a piece of red tape or sleeving on it to
indicate that it carries a live voltage as opposed to being a neutral wire
but I have yet to see one marked that way !!!

Welcome to the world of Home Automation :-))

Keith

Keith Doxey
http://www.btinternet.com/~krazy.keith
Krazy Keith's World of DIY Home Automation