Fwd: Returned mail: Local configuration error

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Fwd: Returned mail: Local configuration error
  • From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 12:23:16 GMT

Andrew, I just tried to send this to your private email, but received the
failure error below, so I'm going back to the list again to ensure that you
get it....

Paul.

>From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON@xxxxxxx>
>To: <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: Returned mail: Local configuration error
>Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 13:18:41 +0100
>
>The original message was received at Fri, 22 Oct 1999 13:18:40 +0100
>from f38.law4.hotmail.com [216.33.149.38]

><andrew@xxxxxxx>

>554 MX list for comfort.org.uk. points back to jupiter.nildram.co.uk
>554 <andrew@xxxxxxx>... Local configuration error

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying
group communications

Reporting-MTA: dns; jupiter.nildram.co.uk
Received-From-MTA: DNS; f38.law4.hotmail.com
Arrival-Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 13:18:40 +0100

Final-Recipient: RFC822; andrew@xxxxxxx
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; comfort.org.uk
Last-Attempt-Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 13:18:41 +0100

--- Begin Message ---
Excellent - Thanks Andrew..

I'll try the troubleshooting steps you outlined in your previous message.
(I'm just printing them out now...) Although I may need some handholding, -
I've just scanned through them quickly, and I'm already mystified by points
2 and 3, but perhaps they will become clear when I look at the manuals and
the panel?..

I'll liaise with Raj & see if we can arrange to work together to sort
out
all the issues - I have every confidence in both the Comfort system, the
support provided by yourselves, and Raj as well, and I have said so several
times on the UKHA list. I realise he has only done a couple of these
systems
before (but that's a couple more than I've done!!), which is why I
specifically wanted to have professional installation - to hopefully avoid
all of the potential pitfalls involved in comissioning such a complex
system
(or at least avoid having to deal with them myself, being an utter novice
in
this area).

Ideally, I would have liked to have gone away for a weekend break and have
the whole lot fitted, tested & comissioned ready for me to use upon my
return!! - Like when I hire a builder to build me a wall, I don't want to
have to mix the cement myself!!!

I was also wary of introducing installation errors which may damage the
hardware irreperably, which is another compelling reason why I opted to pay
(quite a bit actually) for proper installation, and therefore have not
actually touched any of the hardware myself - It remained sealed in its box
until Raj arrived to install it...

I have the BT Diverse 2010 DECT phone system, but I also have a couple of
standard corded phones available for testing, and we used both during the
course of our efforts.

With your help, I'm sure Raj can overcome any/all of the problems we are
experiencing, but you are quite right when you say it will be reluctantly -
Raj lives quite a long way from me, it's a very long journey for him, and
the job has been agreed at a fixed price. I'm sure he would be a little
less
reluctant if he were confident of being able to resolve everything in just
one more visit, and if he could have access to replacement doorstations /
Kompads / CPU etc during the process - this would give him peace of mind
that no matter what he finds, he has the resources available to fix it...

Cheers,

Paul Gordon.

>From: "Andrew Roberts" <andrew@xxxxxxx>
>To: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: Comfort Problems
>Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 12:12:38 +0100
>
>Dear Paul,
>Could you email me directly on this problem, I am convinced
>there are installation borne problems here which may not be
>helpful to either the people considering Comfort or using Raj for that
>matter.
>
>Obviously, the UKHA group will need to know the outcome now that they
know
>the problems.
>
>The UKHA group won't be able to provide Comfort specific guidance so
it's
>best to email me although some will have knowledge of the Digital Phone
>network.
>
>We are here to support the product and installers. Raj is new to
Comfort
>and as with any Company
>installing new products in homes will encounter a multiplicity of
technical
>problems which require logical
>reasoning to overcome them. Taking over house telephone wiring(or any
>wiring) is often a very difficult job at the best of time, and usually
>involves a diss-asembling of the phone wiring to work out how the
previous
>occupant wired them up so they can be corrected. I spoke to an
installer
>yesterday who spent 2.5 days doing just that last week. This is usually
>'reluctantly' undertaken at the installers expense because it was
difficult
>to forsee and once started, it is difficult to predict how much time is
>needed to trace wiring.
>
>Be careful with DECT phones , only some will work correctly with
Comfort
>due to their design, there is a page in our Support section
>http://www.comfort.org.uk/support/index.html
  Which Phones?