New Pronto Software - Toggle Bit

  • To: "'Ukha_D@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: New Pronto Software - Toggle Bit
  • From: "Mark McCall" <Mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 10:36:40 +0100

As reported yesterday version 1.4 of Pronto Edit is now available.  I have
now flashed my US Pronto with the new "World Version" of the
firmware (still
to do my UK version) and I can CONFIRM that unlike before, Pronto now
correctly learns the "toggle bit" for my Thompson VCR (Model
number - VPH
6557)!!

This applies to functions like Fast Forward. As I press the FFWD key (in
playback mode) the VCR goes into "x3" then if I press it again it
goes "x5"
then "x7" etc.  Before the VCR would respond only to the first
press of the
FFWD key and ignore subsequent ones.

Nice one Philips!

M.

In the market for computer hardware or software? Compare prices on
more that 100,000 products at CNET.com. Get all the latest news,
reviews and prices! http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1159

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying
group communications