Re: Comfort

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Comfort
  • From: "Mark McCall" <mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 11:16:22 +0100

I have been doing a bit more with my Comfort over the weekend.

I now have my two Vehicle Alerts wired into the panel.  When a car enters
our lane we hear "Far Drive Movement" over the keypads.  As a car
gets
nearer the house we then hear "Near Drive Movement".  With two
detectors we
are able to tell the dirrection of travel and later I will use HomeVision
do some logic on lights as well as create a log file of cars in and out.

I have also now wired in my garage doors to the system and can open and
close them via phone from anywhere in the world.  Last night my
Mother-in-law asked why I would want to do this.  "Because I can"
:-)

On the downside I find the software pretty awful (I'm afraid I'm not a
programmer).  I see there is a new version coming from Comfort to work with
their new universal serial module.  I only hope it's better than the
current
one.  Can you give us any information on this Andy??

I plead with the manufactures in Tiawan to download the free HomeVision
software to see how the right friendly software can turn a good product
into
a great product! (http://www.csi3.com/hv_p3.htm)

Don't get me wrong.  Comfort is a FABULOUS system and Andrew Roberts has
been more patent with me than I have a right to expect.

If anyone is thinking of getting into Home Automation I would heartily
recomend this system!

(cc to Comfort Mailing List)

discussions
> with Andrew by email and my order was delivered at the time I was
> given.  The documentation is well produced and clear.
>
> We shall now see how an experienced programmer but totally novice
> alarm installer gets on!
>
> Adrian Lucas
> E-mail:       adrian.lucas@xxxxxxx

> eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d