Re: UK Home Wiring Guide

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: UK Home Wiring Guide
  • From: darren_fell@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 18:29:10 -0700

Thanks for that Paul.

Please keep us all informed on how the whole installation goes.

Cheers,

Darren.

"paul gordon" <paul_gordo-@xxxxxxx> wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d/?start=996
> Darren,
>
> His name is Harjinda Narula (Raj) of AESS Security. He's an
electrician
> foremost with ecperience in PLC programming. AESS@xxxxxxx
> He's in Hounslow, his Mobile number is 0831 494408
>
> The above sentence is a cut & paste from an email from Andrew
Roberts, who
> gave me his contact details. I am just in the final stages of
engaging him,
> & expect to have work starting in the next couple of weeks...
>
> PS: He also uses the email address: OPTIX@xxxxxxx
>
> Regards,
>
> Paul.
>
> >From: darren_fell@xxxxxxx
> >To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> >Subject: [ukha_d] Re: UK Home Wiring Guide
> >Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 04:55:25 -0700
> >
> >Paul,
> >
> >Interested to know who is doing the installation for you ?
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >Darren Fell.
> >

> >"paul gordon" <paul_gordo-@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d/?start=991
> > > Mark,
> > >
> > > I've been offline for a few days, tied up with work &
all...

> > > I'm right now having to start to think about putting in some
wiring,
> >as I'm
> > > having my Comfort system installed in a couple of weeks.
(I'm
having
> >it
> > > professionally installed, as I have neither the time,
inclination, or
> >the
> > > wherewithall to do it myself). That said however, I AM
hoping /
> >planning to
> > > put in some (lots?) of extra wiring at the same time. -
After
all, we
> >are
> > > planning to go into avery room in the house for a PIR
sensor, and
we
> >are
> > > talking about chasing into plasterwork etc...
> > >
> > > I'm not sure what I want to put into each location, but I
want to
> >make sure
> > > I put in the basics now, but also leave myself an easy
upgrade
path
> >to add
> > > stuff later if need be, to which end I am leaning to using
quite a
> >degree of
> > > cable trunking & ductwork of some kind, plastered into
the wall,
with
> >access
> > > both top & bottom, for pulling extra cables as needed. -
I'm
planning
> > > floor-to-ceiling trunks, using the above/below floor/ceiling
voids as
> >much
> > > as possible (loft/cellar etc.) with flush-mounted outlet
boxes,
> >fitted with
> > > blanking plates initially..
> > >
> > > PS: I'm making this up as I go along!!!
> > >
> > > So, I'd really appreciate the benefit of the experience of
someone
> >who's
> > > done this already.
> > >
> > > (There, it's not _totally_ thankless!!)
> > >
> > > :-)
> > >
> > > Cheers.
> > >
> > > Paul Gordon.

Wiring Guide
> >proposals

> >it

Join theglobe.com the premiere online community! Take advantage of
FREE homepages, Stock quotes, News, Chat, Games and more! Interact
with people just like you! http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1042

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying
group communications