Re: Free Domain Names!

Hi Mark,

Just had a look and I think I found the catch....

What happens if I do not use my dialup account for a long time?
The Terms and Conditions for the freenetname service specify that your
account can be terminated if it is not used for a continuous period of 90
days. If your freenetname dialup account is terminated, then the associated
domain name remains the property of freenetname.
What happens if I cancel my freenetname dialup user account?
Your domain name remains the property of freenetname. The domain can be
released to the customer upon payment of the transfer fee.
Can I transfer my domain to another ISP?
Yes. Your freenetname free domain name can be transferred to another ISP.
There is a one-off fee for this service of ?94 (inclusive of VAT). If you
wish to transfer your domain name to another ISP, please contact
freenetname Customer Services free on 0800 376 6910.

Can I collect my mail from another ISP account?
No. You must dial into freenetname in order to access your mail and your
free webspace. However, once connected through freenetname, you can use any
mail client you wish to collect your mail.
Cant find any info on what the call charges are for dialling into
freenetname.
Might be worth a try though.

Keith

Keith Doxey
http://www.btinternet.com/~krazy.keith
Krazy Keith's World of DIY Home Automation