Re: Home Network

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Home Network
  • From: "sales" <sales@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 16:43:58 +0100

This could get interesting...

For the Lan Modem you only need to use the default settings on the client
get IP address automatically.

On the Lan Modem simply give it the username and password for your ISP and
thats it!

The LanModem uses NAT (Network Address Translation) it takes the single IP
address given to it by the DHCP server of the ISP.  It then allocates 10
local IP addresses to your clients using its own DHCP server.  NAT then
translates the local and remote IP addresses. This means that there is no
local client admin.

/Dave