Re: ADSL Price Increased!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: ADSL Price Increased!
  • From: "Des Gibbons" <Des@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 12:17:31 -0000

The changes Andrew was talking about are for those people who were already
on the trial for the last year ( lucky basts;)

They were paying 30 quid for 2mbps and now they are paying 50quid for
512kbps, what a change!

The pricing nildram are talking about are actually the business prices, BT
haven't fixed the retail pricing for isps yet (according to my latest info
from BT anyway). I can't remember the pricing that Kingston in Hull have
set
for ADSL, but it was around the 30-50 quid mark, so BT will have a hard
time
with OFTEL if it doesn't set a price point close to this.

Then again, they are in _no_ hurry to get everyone using ADSL!!

(any news on ADSL in the south Brendan?)

Des Gibbons

QAM
> modems,
> >you'll see some interesting true broadband multimedia service
offerings
> >including
> > VoD, multiple-TV channels, time-shifted TV, Audio, fast Internet,
> >e.Commerce
> >(shopping, banking, etc.), excellent quality video-telephony,
> etc. offered
> >as pack-
> >aged services into any home with a POTS line or Cable
> connection.In the UK.
> >These likely to start rolling out shortly e.g. Kingston's
offering.
> >See attached re BT's ADSL.
> >
> >Regards
> >Brendan

you're interested in what is essentially a
> >digital VCR, recording to hard disk - meaning you can play back
whilst
> >still recording.
> >
> >The best bit is the price is approx £450 if the dollars
translate