Re: x10 over three phase

>My house (in the UK) is probably going to have to put on a three phase
>supply.
>Are you fitting some 3-phase equipment, or is it just to get more
power?

Right, the story is as follows:  I have installed an electric shower
which wants something like 30 amps.  My existing cable coming out of the
floor into my fusebox/meter board is not heavy enough to carry the extra
load.  Therefore the Electricity board will have to dig up my path to
lay a new cable.

>My electrician says the supply will be "balanced over two
phases."
>New one on me- unless it's a '2 phase' supply- eg 115V in phase 115V
>antiphase or 230V in phase 230V antiphase... or does it mean that 2 of
the
> 3 phases will be balanced?  Maybe someone else can fill a gap in my
> knowledge...

My house power will all be 230v - how they do it I don't know.  My
knowledge of phases is pretty sparse.  I think phases work like this:
Rather than having one AC huge wave, the power is split between two
moderate sized waves.  If this is wrong someone let me know!

eGroup of the Day:
Aframjews - a discussion group about African American Jews
http://offers.egroups.com/click/236/0

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ukha_d