Re: x10 over three phase

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: x10 over three phase
  • From: Nigel Orr <nigel.orr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 12:58:39 +0000

At 12:20 04/03/99 -0000, you wrote:
>My house (in the UK) is probably going to have to put on a three phase
>supply.

Are you fitting some 3-phase equipment, or is it just to get more power?
I'm a bit puzzled, unless you're running some factory equipment or similar,
and if you are...

>Does X10 stuff work on three-phase systems?

I believe bridges are available, as it's more common in the US (110V
mains), but I don't know if there are 240/415V ones available.

>My electrician says the supply will be "balanced over two
phases."

?  New one on me- unless it's a '2 phase' supply- eg 115V in phase 115V
antiphase or 230V in phase 230V antiphase... or does it mean that 2 of the
3 phases will be balanced?  Maybe someone else can fill a gap in my
knowledge...

Unless you need 3-phase for the total load in your house (the mind
boggles!), I would have thought you could keep all the X-10 controlled
equipment on one phase, and avoid any problems.

>eGroup of the Day:
>Aframjews - a discussion group about African American Jews

Carefully targetted advertising- with apologies to any African American
Jews reading ukha ;-)

Nigel
--
Nigel Orr                  Research Associate   O   ______
Underwater Acoustics Group,              o / o    \_/(

Internet FileZone: Always FREE!
Instantly store & access your valuable PC files on the net,
from any Web browser.
SIGN UP NOW - http://offers.egroups.com/click/235/0

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ukha_d