Re: Any recommendations?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Any recommendations?
  • From: "Bustin" <ENet@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 21:08:14 -0000

Hi Paul!!
You can only drive a monitor/keyboard/mouse a few metres, but you can buy
special 'booster boxes' that allow around 100 metres.

With your video security cameras, you could wire them into a co-ax UHF
cable, which can be run all over your house, and watched on all the TVs,
and (quite cheaply) you can get a TV tuner card for your PC, so you can
watch the thiefs steeling your shed on your PC screen.

Good luck!

Nick Bustin

----------
> From: Paul Miller <pmiller@xxxxxxx>
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Any recommendations?
> Date: 01 March 1999 13:59
>
> Hi guys,
> just picked up on this,
>
>  - Computer (all the CPUs are in one 'IT' room, with just monitor,
> > keyboard etc. in each room - no big, noisy boxes cluttering the
rooms!)

> does anyone have any clues as to how far you can drive
> monitors/keyboards/mice with cable?
>
> I would not have belived that you could distrbute it so easily.
>
> Second one on your current Security system theme, I had my garden shed
done
> over (again) last night, and I believe its about time I stopped
talking
> about security cameras and actual installed them, If possibly I would
like
> them to be integrated either with my PC direct (second choice) or with
X10,