Re: Twin co-ax outlets

At 14:44 17/02/99 -0000, you wrote:
>I have two cables running from two different cable TV decoders. They
both
output the cable
>channel on the same frequency. I want to plug different devices into
them
(TV in one and video
>in the other) so I can watch one cable channel and record a different
one.

>What I get on the screen is BOTH cable channels at the same time in my
technical terms that

That _doesn't_ sound right.  If anything, with a _very_ poorly made
connection, you might get a _tiny_ hint of what is on the other channel at
the same time, but even that should be unlikely.

What sort of outlet is it?  Where did you get it, what is the order code
etc?  If it is 2 separate sockets on a plate, there should be no problem-
if it is 2 sockets with common grounds on a metal plate, I could see that
there _might_ be a problem, but unlikely (ie only if you had managed to
swap signal and screen connections at some point in the cable.  I suspect
from your problem that they are interconnected in some way, but without
knowing the specific make and model, it's hard to tell.

A well made connection should be no worse than running 2 co-ax cables
alongside each other, in this sort of application.

Nigel

Why are most stock sites so slow and annoying to use?  StockMaster.com
is fast, easy, powerful, and free!   Use company names, not ticker
symbols.  Track your portfolio.  Visit:   http://stockmaster.com/?a=f6

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ukha_d