Re: (Fwd) OIL TANK LEVEL INDICTOR

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: (Fwd) OIL TANK LEVEL INDICTOR
  • From: chris@xxxxxxx (Chris Davenport)
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 17:34:52 (GMT)

Hi,

We are suppliers of parts for industrial engines and many of these
engines are nowadays fitted with "oil alert" switches which cut
the engine out if the oil level drops too low.  They are simple
switches which incorporate a flotation device and they can be
retro-fitted to most engines by unscrewing the oil drain plug and
screwing the switch unit in.  If you have a threaded hole in a
suitable location on your tank you might be able to use one of
these.  It won't tell you how much oil you have left but it
could trigger an alarm when the oil needs to be re-ordered.

Just a thought.

Regards,

Chris.