Re: IR From the PC

On Thursday, February 25, 1999 6:45 PM, Mike Chapman
[SMTP:mike.chapman@xxxxxxx] wrote:
> Has anyone had any luck in controlling Bang & Olufsen
> Equipment from a PC
> i.e. something like a 'Red Rat' or 'One for All' Serial
> interface?

Hi Mike,

As I understand it, a lot of B&O kit is not infra red
remote
but RF which is why it can be controlled from anywhere in
the house.
Where I have seen mention of B&O Infra Red control on
comp.home.automation
and in Universal Remote Control instruction book there is
mention of NOT being able
to control B&O due to the carrier frequency being >100kHz
instead of the usual
36-40 kHz frequency of most remotes although some of the
newer kit on the market
has started using 56kHz, in particular some IR keyboards.

Of course......I could be wrong.
Hope that helps

Keith

Keith Doxey
http://www.btinternet.com/~krazy.keith
Krazy Keith's World of DIY Home Automation

Internet FileZone: Always FREE!
Instantly store & access your valuable PC files on the net,
from any Web browser.
SIGN UP NOW - http://offers.egroups.com/click/235/0

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ukha_d