Re: Surge suppressors and PC power supplies

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Surge suppressors and PC power supplies
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timmorris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 08:46:40 +0100

I re-read my message in the cold light of day and I was being thick. The PC
was originally plugged into a "surge suppressed" 4 way
distribution board. I
can't open it to see how the suppression was implemented though, as it is
sealed. I presume that to sort this problem out I need a board that has
suppression between Live and Neutral?

Tim.

Hifi
> plugboard ones first to see if that does the trick without having
> to spend
> the money.
>
> If the PC is an ATX with the self switching off type of power supply
then
> it is never truly off unless you have a switch on the back of the PSU
as
> well as the power button on the front. Even then the suppression
> components
> can be before the mains switch. It doesnt matter where they are
> located as
> long as they are between the supply and the actual equipment.
>
> Keith Doxey
> http://www.btinternet.com/~krazy.keith
> Krazy Keith's World of DIY Home Automation

Simplifying group communications

> GET $10 OFF ANY ORDER @ healthshop.com! No min. purchase req.
> Save on vitamins & supplements. Use coupon code: EGROUPS99
> at checkout.  http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/463
>

> eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
> http://www.egroups.com -
Simplifying group communications

Click Here to apply for a NextCard Internet Visa and start earning
FREE travel in HALF the time with the NextCard Rew@rds Program.
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/449