Re: Surge suppressors

> y'see, this is why X10 is no good...
>
> :-)))))))
>
> Nigel

A signal being vulnerable to filtering is not the problem - surely
anything transmitted across the mains (or other medium) can suffer from
that. As you stated before, the real problem with X10 is that it doesn't
check properly to ensure the signal was actually received at the other
end.  Something that could be rectified quite simply if they bothered to
include status polling of modules, and built a little more intelligence
into the controllers.

X10 strikes me as intrinsically sound, it's just the protocol is
seriously under-developed which is quite amazing considering how old it
is, and how cheap embedded electronics seems to be.

I don't really understand why noone in the USA has furthered the
development of X10 in this area - there must surely be sufficient
demand...

Ray Barnett.

Click Here to apply for a NextCard Internet Visa and start earning
FREE travel in HALF the time with the NextCard Rew@rds Program.
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/449

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying