Re: TV and sound over CAT5

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: TV and sound over CAT5
  • From: "Harrison, Mark (Alliance)" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 14:45:48 +0100

Nigel:

Re: Manufacturers not adopting battery power supplies.

Technics are moving that way. To quote from the Hi-Fi Choice review of the
SU-C3000 preamp (March 1999)

"...In line with Technic's recent ideology, the preamp also
incorporates a
battery pack installed at the rear, allowing the user to switch from AC to
DC current. [1] Noise is again the target, isolating all audio circuits
from
impurities in the mains input. It'll run happily from the battery for a
good
four hours..."

[1] Journalists, eh? The C in AC and DC _stands_ for current, so "DC
Current" translates as "Direct Current Current"!

Re: Putting TV/Projector on Hi-Fi spur

Good thinking - I was on the verge of making that very mistake. Thanks for
pointing this out. Of course, my way of avoiding ground loops is to use a
razor blade on the braiding ;-)

Regards,

Mark Harrison
European IT Manager, BP/Bovis Alliance
Tel: +44 20 8869 1439
Fax: +44 20 8423 7711

Click Here to apply for a NextCard Internet Visa and start earning
FREE travel in HALF the time with the NextCard Rew@rds Program.
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/449

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying