Re: MP3 Whole House Audio

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: MP3 Whole House Audio
  • From: richardpassman@xxxxxxx (richardpassman)
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 08:37:02 +0100

Gavin,

I am in the process of setting up such a thing.

At the moment I'm using ACE\Winamp to do the MP3 playing and I'm doing the
actual 'jukebox' control from my Homevision. With Homevision its possible
to use
text files to display information on a TV screen and so I can display the
ID3
data and other dynamic information. I have this hooked up to my Multizone
preamp
and I can then access the jukebox from any room in the house. This works
well.... but is only the begining....

I am currently writing some software to allow me to use multiple sound
cards
within my HA PC and allow different MP3's to be played in different zones.
The
limit on zones will then be how many sound cards I can fit in the PC. I've
successfully got three working simultaneously.

Hope this helps, if you haven't met ACE yet then have look through the HA
list
(theres a link on the UKHA pages).

Richard Passman