Re: CAT 5 for new-build --- how many per room?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: CAT 5 for new-build --- how many per room?
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <jtankard@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 15:37:17 +0100

I have used CT125 and not had any problems with routing, however I have
used
full depth 'cooker boxes' for every box in the house, its so much easier
all
round. If you have not used deep boxes you can get angled outlet which
means
you dont have to bend the cable.

Remember the number of the after the CT is the cable inner size ie CT100 is
1mm and CT125 is only 1.25mm there is not such a difference in its use and
handle. On the overall dia the difference is CT100 6.65mm CT125 7.8mm CT165
10.1mm

Re which cable I was told the opposite when I researched it, CT125 is very
low loss, internally the broadcasters use CT167 which is even better or
Broadcast cable which is CT125 with a moisture barrier. The price
difference
is about 20% more for CT125 over CT100 but it performs about 30 - 40 %
better. I agree that with digital the loss is less of an issue but I would
prefer to have extra bandwidth available.

The same is true for the CAT5, in most cases you dont need it.

John
jtankard@xxxxxxx

CT125 to
> > each room as well.  Although not found out what to use as a coax
outlet
> > yet  (anybody any comments on that) nor at the patch panel end.
>
> My good friend and neighbour is a aerial/satellite distributor
> and he tells
> be CT125 is really only for large commercial SMATV systems and has no
> advantage over CT100.  He says it's also very difficult to work
> with and to
> try and get clamped to the back of a domestic TV socket.
>
> M.

GET $10 OFF ANY ORDER @ healthshop.com! No min. purchase req.
Save on vitamins & supplements. Use coupon code: EGROUPS99
at checkout.  http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/463

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying
group communications