Re: UK Wall dimmer reliability

I too had reliability problems with X10 a while ago. At apparently
random periods all X10 signals seemed to disappear (3 modules with 1
controller - modules stopped responding). I thought I had a faulty
controller. However I traced the fault to occurring when a 300W halogen
uplighter had been on for a while at a dimmed setting. My uplighter was
connected to a CM12U, which nominally should cope with 300W. However,
Andy of ISCAM systems doesn't regard the power handling of X10 modules
too highly, and recommended an LD10 which is rated to 700W. I swapped
the uplighter to one of these and the problem has not surface again. I
suspect that running the CM12U at 300W on dim for an hour or so stresses
it (heat?) and it started jamming X10 signals on the mains wiring.

The LD10 has the advantage of supporting memory dim which makes for much
smoother dim control, provided you've got the space to hide the module
away somewhere.

Ray.

Simplifying group communications

Start with up to 150 Points for joining!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/475