Re: Remote volume controls for amplifiers...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Remote volume controls for amplifiers...
  • From: "Harrison, Mark (Alliance)" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 11:32:14 +0100

> I have... Linn Knekt

<MASSIVE ENVY>

1: If I remember correctly, the Knekt faceplate has about 10 buttons on
it, all of which are simple "push to connect (Knekt?)" type
switches.
Could you take the front off the face plate of the Knekt panel, and run
individual "Ts" of cable to a set of switches in the bathroom...
Presumably you'd only _need_ to do this for the volume +/- buttons.

2: My own view (as a hi-fi buff and former recording engineer) is that
Power Amps should be left on at all times for sound quality reasons. If
you're putting it in a cupboard then the only real question to _worry_
about is one of heat disipation/fire risk. If the cupboard is dedicated
to keeping equipment in, you're probably OK, particularly if you can put
some vents in the door at top and bottom. If the cupboard is the bottom
of a wardrobe with clothes (translate - combustible fuel) hanging above,
then I personally wouldn't risk it.

<<< My opinions are not Gospel - You open equipment at your own
risk >>>

Regards,

Mark Harrison
European IT Manager, BP/Bovis Alliance
Tel: +44 20 8869 1439
Fax: +44 20 8423 7711
--- London Phone numbers have changed - please start to use the new ones
---