Re: My Heating !

I have done just this as my first HA project. I have a DIN rail
Appliance module (can't remember the model code). This is fitted into a
small box from the Electrical factors that holds a single DIN rail unit.

I have also wired a pulse switch and neon indicator to the unit so that
the heating control can be over ruled. The neon shows when the heating
is on.

The neon and pulse switch were very important as there is a degree of
resistance in the household to the _computerisation_, by providing
control outside the scope of the X10, the resistance has gone and the
benefits are starting to show through.

I have to say that I am very impressed with Laser Business Systems who
supplied my X10 bits. The first DIN unit had a problem, I rang them,
explained the problem and the replacement was at my door the following
day. This has now been operational for several months and the greater
flexibility in timing the heating has been great - particularly over the
Christmas break.

Project 2 is to wire up some lights with the wall switch that has just
arrived.

Cheers

Mike

In message <199901261549.AA21255@xxxxxxx>,
James.INGHAM@xxxxxxx writes

>Hi
>
>Not a very technical quesiton I'm afraid, but all simple answers
gratefully
>received! I've got a Vaillant combination boiler in my new house and
its
>wired into quite an old looking little timer on the wall next to it
which
>has an analogue clock wheel which goes round indicating the time &
plastic
>bits attached to it so you can set when it goes on and off......is
there
>any kind of X-10 unit I can replace this unot with....I have just
ordered
>an 8-in-1 remote with X-!0 on it from www.X10.com, and hopefully will
buy a
>reciever from Laser in the near future, so the first thing I would
really
>like to automate is turning the heating on and off !!!
>
>Many Thanks
>
>James

>eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ukha

Mike Bennett
Patriot Computer Systems Ltd
Warrington, UK

"I can't believe the charges show up 24 hours after I shop on
the Internet with my NEW NextCard Visa" - Reason to Apply #24
Learn more at: http://offers.egroups.com/click/205/2

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ukha