UK style wall switches

  • To: ".ukha" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: UK style wall switches
  • From: Paul Boakes <isdbp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 99 16:53:15 GMT

I don't know if everyone here has rushed out to buy these UK-style
wall switches from Laser Business Systems yet, but I bought one the
other day (the dimmer style).

Price is about thirty quid, plus the usual P&P.  It fitted straight
into my wall box (remember to turn the mains power off first,
kiddies).  However, a couple of issues:

o  The white snap-on plastic cover (which hides the house/unit
codes) is a real pain to get off.  Be careful, otherwise you'll
break the clips.

o  The screws supplied are too long - at least, for my wall box.
I presume that they're supplied as a 'free extra' - my old
obviously fitted fine.  The switch itself is a little bit
thicker than the traditional switch, so I presume that's why
they're included.

o  The unit makes a slight buzzing noise when on, and gets warm
(not too warm) to the touch when in anything but off.

First impressions: pretty good.

Regards
Paul

--
Paul Boakes                      Daewoo Cars Limited
Novell Analyst                   Tel: 01923 713370

HOW LOW CAN YOU GO?  How does a 2.9% intro APR Visa sound?
Transfer your balances from other high rate credit cards and save!
Learn more at http://offers.egroups.com/click/205/1

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ukha