Re: 2 questions...

Nigel Orr wrote:

> Presumably (though I haven't thought about this alot) lines emanating
from
> a home PABX might be higher impedance on the audio than from a _real_
BT
> exchange, so less immune to the ring signal, which might be at a lower
> impedance?  Any mileage in that theory?  (well it was the best I could
come
> up with at short notice)

I would think that it could be the ring generator in the PABX putting
noise back into the power supply etc.

No way that you should have crosstalk in the cable in a domestic
instalation - they can run kilometers of stuff with more pairs, that are
twisted less to customer premisis and there is no cross talk at all
there.

Have you tried it on 2 seperate cables to verify that its not happening
there??

--
Ricahrd