Re: Control PC jukebox

Alex,
=09
Yep I'm using mpeg3 for the compression. At first I was encoding at =
320kbps the files were around 10meg but I found that at 128kbps there =
didn't appear to be much sonic difference and the file size dropped to =
around 5 meg.

Controlling the system is a bit of a problem - tho I have just been to =
www.x10.com and seen their new 'supermouse' which may be the way =
forward. I'd much prefer to use my RedRat though but am having problems =
normalising the results. I've never been keen on the idea of voice =
activation primarily because I don't like the idea of:

Me> Play song
PC>=20
Me> Play song
PC>=20
Me> Play song!!!
PC>=20
Me> Play the f****** song!!!
PC>=20
Me> <under breath> what a load of c***!!!
PC> Playing song - backwards - and stop swearing.
=09

Not good, especially if there are children present.

The Pilot idea sounds appealing I've got a Palm III with IR interface =
but haven't tried anything yet - not even sure where to start..