KAT5 modules.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: KAT5 modules.
  • From: paulw@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 18:16:36 +0000

I saw the transmitter and receiver at Marks on Saturday - very neat
modules.  They got me thinking.

With a transmitter and a receiver I can get rid of the hunky rear speaker
cables under the middle of the living room carpet.
Although the fitter assured me they wouldn't be visible, after a year there
is a definite mark in the carpet from them.   (The rear speakers are
bi-amped; I'd move the amps from the front to the back of the room as well)
I'd just run a long patch cable between the transmitter and the receiver,
since the design on the place makes it nearly impossible to put full cat5
on one wall of the living room.   If this tx/rx pair also supported
s-video; then I could even think about a projector on the back wall!

With another (hypothetical?) s-video + digital audio + infrared repeater; I
could move the 2 DVD jukeboxes into the cupboard (a sort of node 0) in the
office and make the living room a bit less cluttered.   It it also
supported stereo audio I could feed that into the 2nd room zone so I could
at least hear things in the dinig room/kitchen.

I beginning to think some Kat5 stuff needs to go on my Xmas list.
-- Paul --