RE: Labelling Cables - an alternative algorithm

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Labelling Cables - an alternative algorithm
  • From: "Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 18:07:42 -0000

Yeah yeah yeah ;-)

True, though ;-)

Mark Harrison

-----Original Message-----
From: paulw@xxxxxxx [mailto:paulw@xxxxxxx]

I find that the label printer (or at least the one I have) doesn't tend
stick to well - I'd be worried about the labels coming off during the
pull,
whereas a few wraps of tape are pretty permanent,

I think Mark has made the explanation too verbose, and hence it looks
worse
that it is.   Basically.

a.  No. of red loops indicate cable no. in bundle (1-4),
b. Colour of non-red tapes indicate destination room
c. Number of non red tapes indicate a particular quad box in the room
(1..,
2.. etc)

-- Paul --