Re: KAT5 & Hubs/switches

> You are correct. There are, however, two separate issues to turn this
> into a full "whole house" audio:
>
> 1: The KAT5 switcher hasn't actually been launched yet ;-(

True, but my project is not completed yet, so that's not a problem.  I'm
still waiting to move into my new house as well, so I'll need cabling
before
anything else.

> 2: If you want a seamless walk from one "audio zone" into
the next, you
> actually need to put quite a bit of work into making sure that all
your
> sound systems are matched tonally. In many respects, KAT5 is about the
> BEST source to use, since it guarantees you're starting with the same
> input signal. However, you need to be careful if your choice of
> amps/speakers to prevent the sound changing wierdly from one room to
the
> next. That's why I, for example, want either zoned audio, or rooms
with
> sound separated with "quiet rooms" rather than one big
"whole house
> speaker."

I expect to have trouble with the sound being slightly out of synch, like
when you have a telly on in two rooms, and one is 3 seconds ahead of the
other!  TBH, I just want to be able to route music anywhere in the house,
so
if I can do this with KAT5 (when it's released) and a hub, then I'm happy.
Cheers for the quick response.

Andy
--
PC-Based Multimedia System