RE: KAT5 & Hubs/switches

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: KAT5 & Hubs/switches
  • From: "Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 13:53:48 -0000

Andy,

You are correct. There are, however, two separate issues to turn this
into a full "whole house" audio:

1: The KAT5 switcher hasn't actually been launched yet ;-(

2: If you want a seamless walk from one "audio zone" into the
next, you
actually need to put quite a bit of work into making sure that all your
sound systems are matched tonally. In many respects, KAT5 is about the
BEST source to use, since it guarantees you're starting with the same
input signal. However, you need to be careful if your choice of
amps/speakers to prevent the sound changing wierdly from one room to the
next. That's why I, for example, want either zoned audio, or rooms with
sound separated with "quiet rooms" rather than one big
"whole house
speaker."

Regards,

Mark Harrison