Re: Getting up (Was: Re: Cheap capture card for montoring...)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Getting up (Was: Re: Cheap capture card for montoring...)
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:21:27 +0000

>good idea, but don't get me started >:/ ), so there's no point
watching the
>traffic reports, you know your going to get stuck :-)

So do I really (M25 J5!!), but one can but hope....

>out the weather every morning, but the missus really hated it, does
anyone
>else have an automated wake up routine? What kind of things do you do?

Whan I finally get the new HA PC live (real soon now!!), I have a brand new
wake-up script ready to go which does the following:

- Opens my Outlook calendar and checks to see if I am off work that day, (I
have to remember to put the word "Holiday" as an event in
Outlook, but it
also picks up public holidays as well). If I'm on holiday that day, my
wake-up does not fire.

- If I'm not on holiday, it reads out any other events that I have put in
outlook for that day. (so it reminds me of meetings/birthdays etc).

- Gets the local weather from thisislondon.co.uk and reads out the short
summary.

When I demoe'd it to SWMBO, she was quite happy with the weather report -
actually thought it was a good idea!

Err... that's about it at the moment. Well, apart from the obvious things,
like it turns on my bedside lamp...

Paul G.