Re: Re: My Node 0 pics at last

Do you actually need a boiler ? Just pipe the water thru the drives! LOL

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 8:19 AM
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: My Node 0 pics at last

Nowhere near as much as you'd think.
I was given the hard drives, as work has just started moving over to
72gig units.
I got the 4 Compaq Switches thrown in with a Ford Escort I bought
lol.

The only bits that really cost me anything were :
The two racks, one from netshop, the other from ebay.
The Proliant 6400R, which cost me £700 without cpus, memory or hard
drives. I got it shipped over >from g), and the processors
again from ebay for a grand ( 4 x Xeon550 with 2mb cache)
TFT was another ebay special at £600
and it's taken me nearly TWO years to get the stuff together.

So all in all I guess it sets me at about £3500, mind you insurued
for about 10times that.

Now I must look into purchasing that Proliant 8500R with 8 XEONS !!!
now that would be fun.

--- In ukha_d@y..., Phil Cole <ukpgc@p...> wrote:
> Ker-ching... how much!!!
>
> On Mon, 2001-11-26 at 18:03, geraint@a... wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > Just in case any are interested.
> >
> > I finally got my servers and racks online at the weekend.
> >
> > [snip.... too much equipment to list]
> >
> > Cheers
> > Geraint
> >

> --