Latest message you have seen: Labelling Cables - an alternative algorithm

RE: Re: A nice toy for the Kitchen :)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: A nice toy for the Kitchen :)
  • From: "Ian Lowe, Wintermute Consultancy" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 02:33:06 -0000

>This is not a cheap fridge, I hope it's freestanding as if it's
integrated IIRC it will be classed as a fitting in the
>house and the buyer can insist that it stays or ask you to put the
space right with doors etc.!!

>This happens with dishwashers, washers, ovens, hoods and hobs as if
integrated the buyer can insist that it stays if it
>leaves an ugly big hole.
>
>Mind you, you lot have that awful English law stuff to deal with ;-)

We ran into something like this when we sold our first flat. Scots law
seems surprisingly mature about these things.

After a lot of lawyers swapping trashy letters, We basically arranged
through the Estate Agent to meet the couple directly to chat, and
reoslved the entire thing within minutes.

The entiure "can you prove this is part of the deed etc" argument
was
dissolved by one statement: "Sold as Seen: This item is not part of
the
Offer".

Put bluntly, you simply restate the missive such that the specific
fittings are not included.  The lawyers may moan, because they recoil in
horror at the thought of *changing* anything, But the missives can say
whatever the hell you like, as long as you have legal ownership of the
items in question.

At this point, the buyers may choose to walk away, or they may decide
they wish the purchase to continue, minus the fittings in question...

Ian.

Note: I am not a lawyer.  :)