RE: [OT] Gateway Monitor Repair

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [OT] Gateway Monitor Repair
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 13:37:14 +0000

They *are* actually being taken away by a recycling company (Called RDC I
think, - which I have dubbed "Rodney & Del-boy Computers"
based on the shady
characters that they have been sending here to pick the stuff up!).

Trouble is, although all of them *were* working beforehand, I very much
doubt that a lot of them will be afterwards, having seen how the
"Rodneys"
manhandle them into the wagon!

Paul G.

>From: Scott Crowther <scrowther@xxxxxxx>
>To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [ukha_d] [OT] Gateway Monitor Repair
>Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 13:21:16 -0000
>
>Not only is this sad, it should be deemed criminal if they fully work.
>
>I know various charities and community groups who'd benefit from these
>things, not to mention recycle-IT.
>
>shame, real shame...
>
>Scott

"diverting" any
>of
>
>them into the boot of my car... :-(
>

>Paul G.
>

> >From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
> >To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
> >Subject: RE: [ukha_d] [OT] Gateway Monitor Repair
> >Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 12:34:08 -0000
> >
> >Who told you that?
> >
> >A computer shop or a TV repairer.
> >
> >A good TV repair shop should be able to source a transformer if
they are
> >still available from other sources (might be pattern parts
available).
> >Failing that you have no hope. Probably not cost effective anyway.
> >Transformer will probably be more than a tenner and labour charges
of
> >£35-£40 per hour. That'll set you back half the cost of a new
17" monitor
> >and you will have one that is two years old.
> >
> >sad but true unfortunately.
> >
> >Keith

is no longer
> >available.  The monitor is only two years old and it seems a shame
just
> >dump it like this.
> >

> >   Anyone know where I could try for the part before writing it
off?

> >   Thanks
> >

> >   M.
> >

> >         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> >

> >   For more information: http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
> >   Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> >   Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx
> >
> >   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.