Latest message you have seen: RE: [OT] looking for "sexy" PC case...

Re: Diplexing UHF & FM

> Andrew Richards wrote:
>
> Another question from someone struggling with the basics - I've been
> told it's usual to diplex standard UHF and FM signals over the same
> coax, and split them at the wallbox.  I'm going to be distributing my
> RF signal to multiple zones with amplifiers and I'm not sure what this
> will do to the FM component.  Will I still be able to distribute over
> a single coax network, or should I have a duplicate set of coax for
> the FM and keep them separate all the way?
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Andrew

Watch the strength - its common for FM to come in at 120-130dBµV off a
decent outdoor aerial, which will overload the amplifier if combined in.
You may need some attenuation on the FM before the combiner. And you
have to use a proper diplexer or you will bring reflections of UHF crap
in on the FM aerial and ruin your UHF reception.