Latest message you have seen: RE: DDAR's

Re: NTL Broadband queries

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: NTL Broadband queries
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 11:49:26 +0000

>Paul,
>
>Obviously you have decided on NTL, but did you get any feedback on
>HomeChoice?

Yes, I did, - despite the fact that I very clearly explained to the
salesperson that I currently had BT Home Highway, (knowing full well that
this has been a problem for ADSL conversions...) the sales guy claimed it
would not be a problem. - Which I took to mean that as B.T. have now stated
they *can* upgrade ISDN to ADSL, then they had obviously squared it all
with
B.T. (Which would have been a good thing, as it looked like it would have
got round the extra £102? charge for this upgrade).

Anyway, once the order had gone through, I got a call a day later from
their
techie department, saying that he was wrong (what a surprise!), and that
they could NOT convert an ISDN line, so the whole thing was cancelled. (I
couldn't face the hassle and expense of getting B.T. back to convert me
back
to analogue first....)

Paul G.