Latest message you have seen: RE: [OT] looking for "sexy" PC case...

RE: OT: DIY advice

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT: DIY advice
  • From: "James Hoye" <james.hoye@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 10:14:29 -0000

> Anyhow does anyone have any advice on the best way to chisel out
chasings
> for cables in the wall - I have quite a lot to do - unfortunately
> we have a
> concrete floor

> I was wondering if an angle grinder or SDS chisel drill was the way to
go
> with these. - rather than a chisel and hammer!

If you don't mind clearing up VAST quantities of dust, then an angle
grinder
will be the quickest.  Just cut two parallel grooves, and use a bolster (or
SDS+ drill and chisel) to remove the bit in the middle.

Otherwise, you could try drilling lots of holes along either side of the
channel and remove the middle bit as before - this will take longer though.

There are some SDS+ attachments that were mentioned on this list a week or
so ago for chasing walls.  Look at http://www.screwfix.com/ and find
catalogue nos. 6724, 6606 and 5097.  Someone bought one and I think
recommended it.  I've just got a DeWalt SDS+ drill with rotary stop that's
sitting in the corner of the office, so I can't (yet) comment.  Roll on the
weekend :)

http://www.home-automation.info/converting_single.htm
and
http://www.home-automation.info/new_socket.htm