Re: [KAT5] KAT5 RGB Units for Sale

  • Subject: Re: [KAT5] KAT5 RGB Units for Sale
  • From: "steve_parsons2000" <steve_parsons@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 21:29:08 -0000

>    - have you been happy with the units?
Very happy.  I think the KAT5 stuff is some of the best stuff out there.
>    - do you notice any difference in quality compared to normal
component
>    video cables?
Honestly - no.  I was running against a 42inch plasma and couldn't
tell the difference.
>    - do you find that component over KAT5 is as good as HDMI?
As a video transmission medium I don't think hdmi is a great leap
forward.  I was running hidef 1080i/720p using the KAT5 units and
component and it looked great.  The quality of the signal is far more
important than hdmi versus component.
>    - does the IR capability work alongside component video as well
as RGB?
I never tried the IR capability as I had a parallel xantech based IR
system over coax (which coincidentally is also up for sale - have
loads of xantech based stuff)
>    - is the IR capability compatible with xantech products?
Not sure as I never tried it.  Off the top of my head I'm pretty sure
its not compatible as it uses different voltages (I think).  Keith
will be able to confirm tho.  Comes with receiver and emitter tho.
>    - how old are the units?
The units themselves are 17 months old.  The power packs are older as
I managed to muddle up which power packs belonged to which box over
time.  They are perfectly servicable tho.
>    - could you send me a picture?
Will do.  Probably tomorrow night tho as I'm knackered.
>    - what is the make and model of your "hdmi to component"
converter?
I bought it from AV sales about 18 months ago.  Its in good condition.
I'll send you a photo of that too.  Was about 150 quid new.  Its a
Vision FC4-HDMI to VGA or component converter (apparently).  Do a
search on it.

> sorry for all the questions. i think we should be able to settle on
a deal
> very soon.

I'll email you my email addr/contact details so that we don't clutter
up the group with this.

> regards
>
> sean spicer
> 07917 556232
>
> On 2/17/09, steve_parsons2000 <steve_parsons@...> wrote:
> >
> >   I live on South Cambridgeshire border with Essex (between
Saffron
> > Walden & Cambridge) and work near Liverpool st in London.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Steve

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email  Traditional