RE: [KAT5] Component and Audio using KAT5.

At 15:19 31/01/2007, Keith Doxey wrote:

>Hi John
>
> > Thanks, I could not see a sync port on either my screen or dvd
play (both
> > panasonic) so I would think that a unit with 3 channels for
> > Y-Cr-Cb (what is
> > the difference between this and RGB?) and a single audio channel
for the
> > centre line output will be great.
> >

>you wont have a Sync connection for component video. Sync is carried on
the
>Luma (Y) signal. The units for Compoent and RGB are the same..... you
just
>send different things over them.

Just out of interest, are there pros and cons between RGB with
YUV?  I realise in most circumstances that you don't have a choice,
but if you did, which should you choose?  Why do you get component
hidef but not RGB hidef?

>The
>remaining "spare" video channel can be used for carrying
SPDIF digital
>audio, or if the 75ohm termination is switched OFF you can use the
spare
>channel to carry a MONO analogue audio signal.

Is that a user operation or return to base job?

Peter.

Searchable KAT5 archive can be found at
http://www.ukha-archive.com/