RE: [KAT5] Amstrad Sky+ Kat5 and Pacelink problems

  • Subject: RE: [KAT5] Amstrad Sky+ Kat5 and Pacelink problems
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <kat5users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 23:47:48 +0100

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the delay in replying. Been in a caravan at Filey for a week with
no internet access and very little sunshine !!!!

> I have a pair of Amstrad Sky+ boxes and a pair of Mk1 and a pair of
> Mk2 KAT5's and have been trying to eliminate the little IR wands with
> a Pacelink rf2Link gizmo.
>
> I have enabled the second outlet power supply on the Sky box and the
> red LED glows on the Pacelink but with the cable of the Pacelink
> plugged into the jack socket on the Kat5 box the remote is not
working.

> I know this setup works for others (including you I believe Keith)but
> it is beating me at the moment. Any ideas? Should anything be plugged
> into the other socket on the Pacelink? I do not have a terrestrial
> arial cable nearby.

You shouldnt need any aerial cables connected to it for it to work.

First thing to check is that the KAT5 IR is actually working by using the
IR
emitter to prove that all is well.

If you have a spare RF lead with male and female connectors (the sort that
normally comes with a Settop box or VCR) try fitting that between the
Digibox and the RF2 link.)

Try connecting a spare TV to the socket on the RF2link to see if that
works.

I could try the unit here if you want to send it to me.

I dont have an Amstrad box but do have
Pansonic Digibox (currently using RF2link from Tivo)
Grundig Digibox
Thomson SKY+ box

That would at least prove that the Pacelink is working OK.

Regards

Keith

Searchable KAT5 archive can be found at
http://www.ukha-archive.com/